Sunday, October 31, 2010
Spider Web 7-Layer Dip
As soon as I found this recipe I knew I had to make it for my Halloween party! I made 2 of them and they were a huge hit! I am not a fan of shredded lettuce in my 7-layer dips, so I never add it to mine but feel free to add it to yours under the cheese ring.
1 (16 oz) can refried black beans
1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
1 can Ro-tel, any flavor
1 C. salsa
1 C. sour cream
1 C. guacamole (I always make my own)
1 1/2 C. shredded cheese
A couple large bags of tortilla chips
Instructions: 1. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the refried beans and taco seasoning.
2. On a large festive Halloween tray , spread the beans in an even circular shape. Leave room around the edges for the garnish.
3. Sprinkle Ro-tel over. Smooth salsa over. Smooth guacamole over.
4. Place your sour cream in the end of a ziploc bag. Cut the corner off. Squeeze sour cream on top of guacamole in 4 lines as if you were cutting a pizza. Connect the lines with swooping lines to get the feel of a spider web.
5. Sprinkle cheese around the edge of the dip.
6. Garnish with a creepy spider and serve with lots of tortilla chips!