Sunday, October 31, 2010
Monster Deviled Egg Eyes
A great addition to a Halloween party! Everyone loves deviled aggs and this brings an eerie touch to the recipe. My party guests loved these!
12 hard boiled eggs
1/2 C. mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
2 Tbsp mustard
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. dried onions
blue food coloring, as needed
red paste food coloring, as needed
24 slices of black olives
pimentos or fresh red peppers
Instructions: 1. Peel the hard boiled eggs and slice in half lengthwise. Scoop the yolks out into a medium bowl and reserve the whites until needed.
2. With the back of a fork, mash the yolks until smooth.
3. Add mayo, onions, mustard, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well.
4. Add a few drops of blue food coloring to turn the yellow mixture a soft green.
5. Spoon green yolk mixture into a ziploc bag. Seal the bag then cut off the bottom tip of the bag and squeeze mixture into the egg halves.
6. On top of each yolk filling, place one black olive slice. Add a small piece of pimento or red pepper for the pupil.
7. With a toothpick dipped in red food coloring paste, draw red veins on egg white's surface.
8. Cover and chill until ready to serve.