Very cool new rewards program by bestlife!
Starting today you’ll be rewarded for doing everyday activities that help you live your Best Life. Simple things like sharing stories of how you live your Best Life, inviting friends to join our Facebook community or even posting a video of how to make your favorite meal or do your favorite exercise. You can then use those points toward cool products like exercise equipment, workout DVDs and cooking items. You might even win an in-home elliptical machine or a 30-minute phone call with Oprah's personal trainer, Bob Greene.
Monday, July 12, 2010
I got this recipe from my mom but altered it according to my taste. I always use ground turkey when I make mine. If I'm making this for the kids I always use mild Ro-Tel. Great topped with sour cream and/or guacamole.
12 corn tortillas
2 cups cooked chicken or ground beef or turkey
2 cans of Ro-Tel (any flavor)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded jack cheese
Cook meat in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add in Ro-tel when thoroughly cooked and cook for 5 minutes. Add both cans of soup. Spray 13X9 pan with cooking spray. Tear 6 tortillas and spread them in the bottom of the pan. Add half the meat mixture and half the cheese on top of the tortillas. Repeat. Bake uncovered at 325 degrees F until cheese melts (approx. 15 minutes)
These have been a family favorite for years now! I enjoy topping them off with sour cream and/or guacamole.
What You Need1 lb. Ground beef 1 jar (16 oz.) Salsa, divided 1-1/2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided 12 Flour tortillas (6 inch) Make It
HEAT oven to 350°F. Brown meat in large skillet; drain. Return meat to skillet. Add 1/2 cup each salsa and cheese; mix well.
SPREAD 1/2 cup of the remaining salsa onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish. Spoon meat mixture down centers of tortillas; roll up. Place tortillas, seam-sides down, in baking dish. Top with the remaining salsa and cheese.
BAKE 20 min. or until heated through.
Friday, July 9, 2010
Mine doesn't look like the picture on the Pillsbury website, but wow was it good! I made this for my 4th of July party, also!
Red, White And Blueberry Trifle
Prep time: 45 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Yield: 12 servings
1 (4.6 oz.) package vanilla pudding and pie filling mix (not instant)
3 cups skim milk
2 pints (4 cups) blueberries
1/3 cup sugar plus 3 tbsps., divided
1/4 cup orange juice plus 2 tbsps., divided
1 pint (2 cups) raspberries
Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
1 (18.25 oz.) package Pillsbury® White Cake
1 1/4 cups water
1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
4 large egg whites
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1. COMBINE pudding mix and milk in medium saucepan. Prepare as directed on package. Cover; refrigerate until cool while preparing fruit.
2. RESERVE 1/2 cup blueberries for garnish. Combine remaining 3 1/2 cups blueberries, 1/3 cup sugar and 1/4 cup orange juice in medium nonmetal bowl; stir to mix, crushing berries slightly. Set aside.
3. RESERVE 1/2 cup raspberries for garnish. Combine remaining 1 1/2 cups raspberries, 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons orange juice in separate medium nonmetal bowl; stir to mix, crushing berries slightly. Set aside.
4. HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray two 8 or 9-inch round cake pans with no-stick cooking spray. Prepare cake mix as directed on package, using water, oil and egg whites. Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
5. BAKE 32 to 36 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans; cool 30 minutes or until completely cooled.
6. CUT cakes in half horizontally to make 4 layers. Place 1 layer in bottom of clear 2 1/2 quart soufflé dish or glass trifle bowl, trimming sides of cake to fit if necessary. Spread with half of crushed blueberry mixture; top with 1/3 pudding. Top with second cake layer, trimmed if necessary, all of the crushed raspberry mixture and 1/3 pudding. Top with third cake layer, trimmed if necessary, remaining crushed blueberry mixture and remaining pudding. Top with fourth cake layer. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
7. BEAT cream in medium bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add powdered sugar; beating until stiff peaks form. Top trifle with whipped cream. Sprinkle with reserved blueberries and raspberries. Store in refrigerator.
I took this recipe one step further and actually served it in a carved out watermelon! It was a big hit at my 4th of July party!
3 cups seedless-watermelon chunks (about 1 lb. peeled watermelon)
1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice
1/2 cup sugar (or less, to taste)
1 cup tequila
1/2 cup Grand Marnier
1. Combine watermelon, lime juice and sugar in a blender, and blend on high until completely liquid and frothy.
2. Combine in a pitcher with tequila and Grand Marnier. Fill pitcher and stir (you can chill before serving if you like).
3. Add ice to glass and pour.
I am very particular about my potato salad and I found this recipe about 7 years ago and it's the only one I ever make! Basic and to the point, it is absolutely delicious!
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
4 pounds baking potatoes (8 large)
3 hard-cooked eggs, grated
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 40 minutes or until tender; drain and cool. Peel potatoes, and cut into 1-inch cubes.
Stir together potato and egg.
Stir together mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients; gently stir into potato mixture. Serve immediately, or cover and chill, if desired.
Red Potato Salad: Substitute 4 pounds red potatoes (8 large red potatoes) for baking potatoes.
Potato Salad with Sweet Pickle: Add 1/3 cup sweet salad cube pickles to potato mixture.
Potato Salad with Onion and Celery: Add 2 celery ribs, diced, and 1/2 small sweet onion, diced, to potato mixture.
Light Potato Salad: Substitute 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise.
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
I'm not quite sure about the truthfulness about this being the world's best Jungle Juice but it was pretty damn tasty. My only advice it to drink with caution! This drink will hit you hard so please drink responsibly!
Ingredients•1 part Curacao, blue
•1 part Gin
•1 part Rum, white
•1 part Schnapps, peach
•1 part Sour Raspberry Pucker
•1 part Tequila, gold
•1 part Triple Sec
•1 part Vodka
•9 parts Fruit Punch
•1 part Sour Mix
Mix equal parts of curacao, gin, rum, schnapps, sour mix, pucker, tequila, triple sec, and vodka in a huge container. Add twice as much fruit punch. Ex: 1 litre of mixed alcohol takes two litres of fruit punch. Seven up is optional. If desired, add until the punch has enough bubbles for your liking.
I added green and red grapes, cut up pineapple, oranges, cantelope, strawberries and kiwi. After the drink is all gone, eat the fruit with caution!