Monday, July 12, 2010

Tortilla Casserole



I got this recipe from my mom but altered it according to my taste. I always use ground turkey when I make mine. If I'm making this for the kids I always use mild Ro-Tel. Great topped with sour cream and/or guacamole.

Ingredients
12 corn tortillas
2 cups cooked chicken or ground beef or turkey
2 cans of Ro-Tel (any flavor)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded jack cheese

Cook meat in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add in Ro-tel when thoroughly cooked and cook for 5 minutes. Add both cans of soup. Spray 13X9 pan with cooking spray. Tear 6 tortillas and spread them in the bottom of the pan. Add half the meat mixture and half the cheese on top of the tortillas. Repeat. Bake uncovered at 325 degrees F until cheese melts (approx. 15 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment