Monday, April 12, 2010

My Version Of Outback Steakhouse's Chopped Blue Cheese Salad

So, I am literally obsessed with this salad. I craved it with both of my pregnancies and the cravings have gotten worse since we moved to Germany. My loving DH decided to sign me up to make a salad for an award ceremony at the firestation and not tell me about it until the day before and I was clueless! There was no way I was going to show up with an ordinary salad so I started to think of salads I absolutely love. The chopped blue cheese salad from Outback popped into my head immediately and I knew that it was the one! I didn't have a list of ingredients when i went into the commissary, I had to go off of my memory of eating it but it turned out perfect and my dish was completely empty when I went up to get my food after the ceremony! So, here you go:

1 bag romaine salad mix, chopped
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese (small pieces)
1/4 cup sesame ginger dressing



I chop my salad and my pecans with my Pampered Chef® Food Chopper. Put everything into a medium size mixing bowl and toss until everything is well mixed. Serve either straight from the mixing bowl or in a more decorative bowl! The amounts the recipe calls for only yeilds 2 servings here for me and DH!

1 comment: