Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Birthday Cakes

When I first got married I did not know how to bake a cake. My DH had to eat a birthday cake one year with the middle missing because it didn't cook right. He didn't complain, just thanked me for the part he could eat. Since we've had children, I've made it a point to get better at baking because I remember how mucha homemade cake meant to me on my birthday. There have been successes, there have been failures but I keep moving forward and try to improve. Here are a few of the cakes I've made throughout the years.


This was my first attempt at a decorative cake, rather sad, I know. It was made for my son's 1st birthday. Oh, that's supposed to be a firetruck for those who can't tell. Don't feel bad, I know it sucked.


Getting better! This was made for my daughter's 2nd birthday.


This was for my daughter's 3rd birthday.


This was for my son's 5th birthday. It was modeled after the cartoon of the Transformer Bumblebee in case you can't tell.

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the cakes, they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess! I've never done fondant so that will be my next cake challange!

    ReplyDelete