Sunday, November 25, 2012

Whipped Sweet Potato Casserole

Whipped sweet potatoes or yams are one of my favorite Thanksgiving dishes! I used canned yams this year to make it just a bit easier on myself since this was my first year doing Thanksgiving and there was a total of 11 people here! I doubled the recipe so I could make sure that I'd have plenty of leftovers!



Ingredients

2 pounds sweet potatoes, peel and cubed (or the canned equivalent)
2 tablespoons orange juice
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons butter, cubed
1 cup mini marshmallows


Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)

In a large saucepan cook sweet potatoes in salted water over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes, or until done. Drain, and add orange juice, brown sugar, nutmeg and butter. Whip until smooth. Spread into a medium size casserole dish and top with marshmallows.

Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until marshmallows are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment