Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Apple Cider Sangria

I love having Martinelli's for Thanksgiving dinner, it's pretty much a tradition in our house. This year I'm actually doing a homemade Martinelli's since we are on a budget and I am very excited about how it will turn out!

Now, I decided the adults needed a drink of their own this year! I have now been married 10 years and this will be the first year I've eve done Thanksgiving at my house, cooked a turkey, the whole shebang! Most of our married Thanksgivings have been spent at the fire station as my husband spends about half his time there! I am very excited about hosting for the first time! We have a wonderful family we are great friends with that are joining us and our neighbors will be joining us for dessert (and probably more drinks)! I have decided that an apple cider sangria was the way to go for the adults! I doubled the recipe for the amount of people we will be having join us (and the amount I plan on consuming alone, lol)!

Apple Cider Sangria

Ingredients
1 standard size bottle of pinot grigio (any white wine will work but the flavors work well with this one)
2 1/2 cups apple cider
1 cup club soda
1/2 cup brandy
2 apples
2 pears




I started by using my apple corer/slicer on my apples and my pears. Make sure you pick out any seeds that are left over in the slices. Combine everything together and stir it up. I like to make my sangrias a couple days in advance so the fruit has enough time to add their flavor to the drink and also has enough time to soak up the alcohol!

Enjoy and please remember to drink responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment