Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Chicken Lasagna


I have never, and I repeat NEVER, been one to be able to throw a bunch of stuff together and have it actually turn out attractive, good and/or edible. This is the main reason I stick to recipes. So, one night I had chicken defrosted and was craving an Italian dish so I just strated cooking. I'm pretty sure at this point my DH went to the other room to pray that something edible would turn out and he wouldn't go hungry that night. Amazingly I was able to make something that was attractive, good and edible! I have finally come to the point in my cooking where I know enough to actually be able to get to this stage! My mom would be so proud! You can mess with the measurements while making this since I didn't write it down as I went and I'm trying to go off of my memory.

Ingredients

3 cups cooked chicken (while cooking chicken, flavor w/ 1 tsp garlic salt), shredded
1 Tbs. dried oregeno
1 8oz. package of cream cheese (low fat or fat free for a healthier option)
2 cups of shredded Italian cheese blend
2 cups spaghetti sauce (flavor preference is up to you)
6 no-bake lasagna noodles

In a large saucepan on medium heat, mix together chicken, oregeno, cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese. Put the leftover 1/2 cup of cheese aside. When cheese is melted add 1 cup of spaghetti sauce. Set aside additional cup of sauce.

Spray a medium sized baking dish with cooking spray and layer 3 lasagna noodles, spread half the chicken mixture on top and repeat. Finish off with the leftover cup of sauce and 1/2 cup of cheese (add more iff necessary to cover top). Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is thoroughly melted. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.

Hope this turns out for you like it did for me! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment