We don't do a "traditional" Christmas dinner here. We decided a few years ago that we wanted to eat something we really enjoyed on Christmas and since we are a military family, many years it has just been the 4 of us for holiday meals. Enchiladas are one of our favorite meals and I have a few recipes I like to go between. This year I decided to try a new one that I had found on Pinterest. I was extremely happy with this recipe and will be adding it to our list of go-to enchiladas!
10 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (add spices of your choice when cooking your chicken)
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.