Monday, January 7, 2013

Oven Baked Tacos

So, I've been on a really big Pinterest kick for quite some time now and I don't see it coming to an end any time soon! I love trying new recipes, I try to make at least one new thing per week. That's how I've always been since my husband and I got married 10 years ago and Pinterest in just feeding my addiction! A lot of my recipes I'll be posting are ones I have tried from Pinterest. I don't know protocol for giving props to the original poster so I'm just gonna say Pinterest is where I got it from and now here it is on my blog! Boom, done!


I will usually always try any recipe that has to do with Mexican food. I don't know if it's from growing up in Southern California or just my love for carb filled, cheesy goodness but I just love it. I had to try this recipe out because it looked amazing and is a fairly easy recipe! I was right on both counts and this is something I will be making again!



Oven Baked Taco Shells

Working with 6 tortillas at a time, wrap in a barely damp cloth or paper towel and microwave on High until steamed, about 30 seconds. Lay the tortillas on a clean work surface and coat both sides with cooking spray. Then carefully drape each tortilla over two bars of the oven rack. Bake at 375°F until crispy, 7 to 10 minutes.

These turned out better than any premade taco shell I have EVER eaten! I will be making all of my hard taco shells from now on!

Baked Tacos



  • 2 lbs ground beef (I prefer turkey)
  • 1 can refried beans (low fat to make it slightly easier on the thighs)
  • 15 ounce tomato sauce
  • 1 pkg taco seasoning or 2-3 Tablespoons of your own concoction
  • 2 cups shredded cheese 
  • 18-20 hard taco shells 
  • Your favorite taco toppings (Guacamole is always a must for us)


Brown ground beef. Drain off any fat and add refried beans, tomato sauce, and seasoning.
Spoon mixture into taco shells.
Place filled shells into a sprayed 9×13 pan, standing up. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes or until heated through.

Done. Easy. Amazing. You're welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment