Monday, June 28, 2010

Chili Chip Casserole


This is a recipe of my MIL's that my DH said I had to make after we got married. Mind you, when we got married, I didn't know much about cooking so the simpler, the better! Almost 8 years since we've been married, this is still a staple recipe in our home. We always double the recipe! In the picture you will see little cornbread muffins in Disney shapes. Those are from my Disney Tasty Baker Waffle Maker that I think I'm a little more excited about then my kids are!

Chili Chip Casserole

1 cup corn chips
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese (or more!)
1 15 oz. can chili beans (we use turkey chili benas)
1 lb. ground beef (or turkey)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup celery (optional)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce

Brown meat, onion and celery. Add chili beans, tomato sauce, half the chips and all the cheese. Top with remaining chips and more cheese if desired. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment