Sunday, November 6, 2011

Devils on Horseback

I found this recipe through a Google search while trying to decide what to make for my Halloween party and decided to try them out. They were a hit at my party and were all gone within the first hour! I made them again for a wine tasting I went to last night and again, they were gone very quickly! I have been asked and asked to please post the recipe, so here you go! Ingredients 24 pitted prunes (I but the pre-ppitted ones) 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese 12 strips of bacon, cut in half crosswise Preparation Note: I bake mine on a cooking stone but you can use other options, I am just a devoted stoneware user. ;) 1. Preheat broiler to high. Soak 24 toothpicks in a small bowl of water for 15 minutes. 2. Push in center of pitted prune almost making it into a bowl shape. Place a small amount of cheese in center of each prune. Wrap each prune with bacon, securing with toothpick. 3. Broil for 10 to 12 minutes, turning halfway through.

No comments:

Post a Comment