Sunday, September 12, 2010

French Onion Turkey Burger


I got this recipe off of a package of ground turkey about 4 years ago. I love to be able to make something from ground turkey and not have people notice that it's not beef. I do this to my dad when I cook but not until after he's eaten since he'd probably refuse it if he knew, lol. The only difference that I did this time that the recipe doesn't have is I used a mushroom-onion soup mix instead of just onion and I sauteed some mushrooms along with my onions. Do we see a theme? I'm a sucker for mushrooms! Enjoy and don't be afraid to mix things up!

Ingredients:
1 package Honeysuckle White® 93/7 Lean Ground Turkey
1 package onion soup mix
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
4 slices Swiss cheese
4 (4-inch) hamburger buns
Romaine lettuce, to taste


How to prepare this recipe:
1.Preheat charcoal or gas grill.
2.In a small bowl, combine turkey and onion soup mix. Shape into four patties.
3.Grill patties about 5 minutes per side or until cooked through and internal temperature reaches 170°F.
4.Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
5.Cook onions until softened, about 5 minutes.
6.Before removing patties from grill, top with onions and a slice of Swiss cheese.
7.Allow to melt slightly.
8.Add lettuce.
9.Assemble as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment